Monday, February 9, 2009

My First Old Man...


My husband was not a huge fan of this nickname, but it was with the utmost affection and love that I referred to our late, great, shepard as "the old man." Our dog, McConnell, lost the battle with some internal awfulness on Friday, February 6. He was 14, and had been part of my husband Blair's life since birth. They had a bucketload of good times (check out his blog to see pics and read all about it).


Although I came on the scene only 6 years ago, I developed a great bond with this dog, and always considered him secretly mine, too. We went running. He loved to swim, and desperately wanted into Brush Creek (nasty!) when we walked past it. He loved peanut butter and ice cream, all the tastier when combined. He was a truly special member of our developing family, and was the commander-and-chief when we broght home a cat, and then a puppy, with whom to share our affections.


McConnell will surely be missed by many. None more so than Blair, and myself. We are so grateful for all the years we had with him...

No comments: