Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kicked Off the Student Island

So on Saturday I graduated with my MA. I have no job, or any real prospects. I thought I'd keep track of my progress (?)...

Interestingly enough, I didn't even check my email yesterday. I spent all day working on craft project I've been putting off for literally years. This may suggest that I'm not trying very hard on the job front. Today has been different, which is a good thing.

I have officially signed up for ACA (the American Counseling Association) in order to obtain the liability insurance required for practicing therapy legally, albeit without pay. That's an important step. I also filled out part one, of a zillion or so, of the registration form required for supervision registration. They don't really tell you just how much work is necessary after you graduate.

Slowly but surely (and hopefully!) I progress down this path toward adulthood. I hope it turns out to be at least a little of what it's cracked up to be!

No comments: